- 26 Aug
The keys to repurposing your own content
What if you could give your SEO a boost, reach new audiences and expand your authority – all at once, using something you already have?
That’s the power of repurposing your content.
Content creation takes time. Because time is always a limited resource, you want to make sure you’re using it as effectively as possible. That’s why repurposing your content is such a great secret weapon. Think about it. If something was engaging the first time around, there’s a good chance it will resonate a second time, especially with new audiences who didn’t get a chance to interact with it the firs time.
Here’s how to do it:
First, review past newsletter articles, blog posts or other marketing materials.
- Look for “evergreen” content, which is content that stays relevant no matter how old it is.
- Also look for popular pieces. Focus on newsletter articles that got a lot of positive feedback or blog posts that ranked well in Google Analytics.
Second, turn that content into something else.
- Create a presentation from fact-laden content using Powerpoint and upload it to SlideShare.
- A listicle can become several new posts when you break out each item on the list.
- Summarize your content in an infographic, using a free online tool such as Canava to design it.
- Launch a daily email series by breaking your content into bite-sized chunks and sharing them, little by little, each day for a week or more.
- Pitch yourself as a guest blogger and use the content as the foundation of your guest post.
- Don’t change a thing but share your content again on social media at varying times.
When you repurpose your content, one article or post can morph into dozens of other content opportunities. It’s the secret way to make the most of what you’ve already created while reaping invaluable benefits.
About the Author
Subscribe to our monthly newsletterGet valuable information on how you can improve your
social foot print while increasing your customer engagement
and conversions. (Delivered only once a month!).